Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Superhero for the Adoring Geeks

I have been reading the comic Kick-Ass since it first started months ago and I have to say, it is the best comic I've read in a long time (not that I've been reading them all that long, but still). Also, I think this is a comic that non-comic book fans can appreciate.

So I was completely unsurprised when I heard it was being made into a movie. Today, comics are box office gold. People will go to see them and the studios know this. However, the studios have also been producing some really first-rate movies based on comics, so I'm expecting the same from Kick-Ass.

Here are the first pictures from the movie:


Hit Girl




Kick-Ass aka Dave Lizewski





I think Dave is looking pretty kick-ass, butI'm not sure how I'm feeling about the first picture of Hit Girl. Considering the first time we meet her she takes out some gangsters, decapitates a dude and is covered in blood (which is the picture from the comic), I don't think the school girl outfit with a gun does her any justice.

I'm reserving judgement for now, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment