Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Is anybody out there?

Hello!

So the initial purpose of this blog is to complete an assignment for my English course, Reviewing and Publishing. Hopefully, I will become compelled to continue writing here beyond graduation. In the meantime, I will be posting at least once a week about movies. They will mostly be reviews about new movies, but one some weeks I will review newly released DVDs. And maybe I will comment on new trailers or information about upcoming movies that I find.

The next post will be a (delayed) review of Watchmen, which I saw in IMAX for the midnight showing. After that I will post some small reviews of various DVDs that came out this week because there are a lot: Milk, Rachel Getting Married, Role Models, Happy-Go-Lucky, and Cadillac Records. The week of March 16 I will be seeing I Love You, Man that Friday, because who doesn't love a good buddy flick? The Quantum of Solace is released on DVD on March 24. Adventureland and Sunshine Cleaning will be released on April 3 (Sunshine Cleaning will be released a few weeks prior, but only in New York and Los Angeles). Doubt, which I saw a few months ago in theaters, will be on DVD April 7. Then I will go see 17 Again on April 17, which I thought had a funny trailer. On April 21 The Wrestler will be released on DVD and that Friday The Soloist is in theaters. X-Men Origins: Wolverine is in theaters on May 1, the last day of classes for my undergraduate career. And to cap off the school year, I will post one last definite time about Star Trek, which will be interesting for me since I had no interest in the show or previous movies, but I'm oddly excited for the new one.

So, if anyone's out there, now you know what to expect in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment